Do you have high cholesterol? Has your doctor prescribed one of the STATIN drugs to help you get it under control? Maybe you aren’t feeling as good as you did before you started using those drugs. Unfortunately, like most drugs, these drugs usually have side effects. The symptoms vary depending on what type of cholesterol drug is being taken, but they include:
In addition to the above, some drugs may carry the risk of serious side effects, such as Rhabdomyolysis (a muscle condition that can cause kidney failure), muscle pain or weakness, and liver abnormalities.
If you are interested in all the pros and cons on this issue – and about a product that helps but doesn’t have all these nasty side effects, you will want investigate Policosanol
We offer Policosanol10, by RxVitamins. It provides 10 mg. of 99% pure policosanol derived from pure sugar cane wax. Policosanol has been studied extensively for the past 10 years and several human trials have been published in medical journals in North America and throughout the world. The clinical trials on humans have clearly demonstrated that policosanol is safe, effective and well-tolerated.
It is important to note that the results in the clinical trials were obtained using only the policosanol derived from sugar cane wax. Policosanol10 features only the pure sugar cane material, not wax sources extracted from beeswax or rice.
I won’t guarantee that Policosanol will lower your cholesterol. I will tell you that many studies show that this simple alcohol/sugar can help – a lot. It is derived from sugar cane and it has been shown to be safe. However, it may very well be helpful at lowering overall body inflammation – one of the major causes of disease.
Here’s a list of the more popular statin drugs;
- Lipitor (atorvastatin) – Pfizer
- Zocor (simvastatin) – Merck
- Pravachol (pravastatin) – Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Lescol (fluvastatin) – Novartis
- Mevacor (lovastatin) – Merck
- Crestor (rosuvastatin) – AstraZeneca
Please read everything you can about Statins. I am extremely passionate about this topic and I’m standing up and yelling about it.
Here are links to every article or blog post I’ve made regarding the subject:
- Your Health: Cholesterol
- Your Health: Inflammation, Statins & Cardio Vascular Disease
- Your Health: Heart Health Without Drugs
- Your Health: Cholesterol CAUSES Death?
- Side Effects of Cholesterol Drugs
- Heart Health: Policosanol & Niacin vs. Drugs
- Statin Drugs Can Kill You
- Statin Drugs Can Make You Dumb
- That’s The Drugs Talking…
- My cholesterol numbers are high!
- My TOP THREE Worst Drugs