VaginalCreams can be used for more than one purpose. They can help with:
- Clearing Infections
- Minimizing menopausal symptoms
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
Vaginal Creams are inserted into the vagina with the use of an applicator. The cream is absorbed systemically once inserted into the vagina.
How to Apply Vaginal Creams:
- Wash hands
- Open the tube and attach the applicator nozzle onto the tube.
- The applicator nozzle should be screwed onto the tube securely.
- Gently squeeze the tube from the bottom up.
- Most of the applicators have markings on them to indicate where you should stop.
- Unscrew the applicator from the tube.
- Find a comfortable place to apply the cream such as your bed.
- A towel may be necessary in order to prevent spilling of the cream on the linen. Lie on your back with your knees drawn towards you.
- Gently insert the applicator deep into your vagina. Press the plunger downward till all the cream has left the applicator.
How to Clean Applicators after Use:
If you are using a disposable applicator, discard the applicator after use. If you are using a reusable applicator, clean it by pulling the plunger to remove it and then washing it with mild soap and warm water. Do not use boiling or extremely hot water to wash the applicators. Allow to air dry before storing.