What is ramping and should I ramp my 4-AP dosing?
Ramping is a way to allow the body to get used to a dose, which typically takes two weeks.
The goal is to reach 30 – 40 milligrams per day in four doses, spread four to five hours apart.
We have been reluctant to give direct recommendations of dosing since you should work with your doctor. However, we will suggest the following general ramp-up schedule.
- 5mg per day – in the morning – for 2 days
- Then, 5mg BID (twice daily; breakfast and late afternoon) for 3 days
- Then, 5mg TID (3 times a day; every 5-6 hours while awake) for 4 days = 15 mg/day
- Then, 5mg QID (4 times a day; every 4-5 hours while awake) for 5 days = 20 mg/day
- Then, IF TOLERATED and if needed may go up gradually to 10mg QID (4 times a day; every 4-5 hours while awake) = 40 mg/day maximum