What Supplements Does Larry Use?
- MITOCORE* There is substantial evidence that our food supply is deficient in many nutrients. I’ve selected this product because it delivers more than just the standard vitamins and minerals and it provides key micronutrients to optimize daily nutritional intake.
- MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) is a naturally occurring compound that provides a high concentration of elemental sulfur. Research has shown that supplementation with methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) significantly supports connective tissue health and promotes normal levels of inflammation, which is crucial for maintaining healthy joints, skin, and hair. I have noticed an improvement in my hair (beard, not head) and nails.
- REACTED CALCIUM* contains four different forms of Calcium to reduce the overwhelming effect on any one of the various absorption mechanisms. This optimizes the chance for maximum absorption. I added this product when an online survey indicated I’d benefit from additional calcium.
- ORTHOMEGA* Extensive research has shown that EPA and DHA from fish oil enhance cardiovascular health, promote better brain function, and support healthy skin, joints & connective tissues. Several of our customers have reported that their cholesterol and triglyceride tests are under control with just a single daily dose of this product.
- PROSTATROL FORTE* Just because I’m a male and I’ve passed “that age” where prostate problems begin. This seems to have been a good choice for me.
- DIGESTZYME* Many digestive systems seem to slow as we age and I prefer a supplement that aids my normal digestion instead of a drug that is designed to block normal stomach acid production. This single product is an excellent overall digestion aid.
- FIBER PLUS* A blend of natural ingredients that are specially formulated to be safe and effective, providing just the right amount of bulk for a normal digestive system function. Normal is the keyword here – and regular is a close second.
- VIRACID* is what I reach for when “oh no I feel a tickle in my throat!” happens.
There’s no reason for anyone to take this list as some sort of rule – or even a recommendation. The goal is to share what I use and why. Not everyone needs large amounts of supplements – especially as they age. However, it is vital to understand that we all need some supplements to make up for the deficiencies in the foods we consume and our Standard American Diet (appropriately referred to as SAD).
The Compounder is not allowed to sell Orthomolecular products from our online store – something that Orthomolecular has imposed on us. However, we still stock the Orthomolecular brand.
If you want any of their products, let us know and we’ll be happy to sell them to you.