So you’re on prescription drugs, and you routinely feel like trash. Yet, you mistakenly forgot to take your medication and immediately noticed how amazing you feel.

How do you continue to chase that feeling and, more importantly, improve your health at this point?

Well, let’s touch on everything, shall we?

About your drug use… Be clear that I cannot recommend that you make any changes without checking with your doctor. However, I can tell you that you WILL probably feel better if you don’t take any drugs – IF you change your lifestyle.

This is not a diet, but a complete change in how you live and eat. Diet certainly has something to do with health. A person may not necessarily “pig out” yet still gain and retain fat. The clear path to maximum health is to live a healthy life.

What does that mean? It means a having a complete change in lifestyle, NOT A DIET. Here’s what I know works;

  • Complete elimination of ALL sugar and artificial sweeteners.
    • No soda pop. No sweetened drinks. NOTHING with added sweeteners
  • No processed foods – NONE
  • Complete elimination of ALL grains. (wheat, corn, rice, oats, barley, rye, millet, maize, etc.)
    • No bread, flour, pasta, pastries, etc.
  • Modest exercise 4 times a week.
    • Walking 4 miles at 4 mph – each week.
    • Some mild strength exercise
  • Eliminate ALL Dairy.
  • Drink clean water. NOT bottled water.
    • Research water filtered by reverse osmosis

What to eat?

  • Fresh plant-based foods
    • Vegetables
    • Some fruit
  • Eggs
  • Coconut or almond milk (NO SOY)
  • Animal protein
    • Fish, Lean meat (grass fed beef), Free range poultry

This is NOT as difficult as it might seem. It is, however, the only way to achieve and maintain the weight that is best for you. Doctors are not likely to tell you these secrets. This was all unnecessary 50 years ago. Many doctors still believe it’s 1963. Sadly, our food is tainted – as is our water and air. We are being poisoned at every step – and we add insult to injury by taking scores of drugs that are supposed to solve our problems – even the problems we don’t know we have and those we will probably have.

Each of us can do it for ourselves. It is best, however, if everyone in our household buys into the lifestyle. I have a friend who is 95 – still drives (not a scratch on his Cadillac), goes to a health club daily, and doesn’t take any drugs. Never has. He takes a daily dose of fish oil. That’s it.

Here’s an example of a healthy dish; 2 pounds grass-fed ground beef. 1 pound of no-nitrite bacon. Fry the bacon and then add the beef. Fry together until all is browned. Slice up a couple of sweet potatoes and toss them in the mix. Cook on low until the sweet potatoes are getting softer.

This is a lifestyle approach that I suggest – and I usually tell people to do it faithfully 80% of the time. The other 20% is open for anything you want to eat – pizza, ice cream, popcorn… After a few months of living like this people find that they are doing the better part over 90% of the time. Some report that things they used to like are too sweet now – almost sickening. This is part of the reason I rarely eat out these days. When I do, I look for Panera and have a salad or something on their Hidden Menu.

My son lost over 70 pounds doing this – and cross-fit training. I’m down 30+ pounds. I picked up a bag of lead shot the other day and thought about carrying it around all day – like I did when I was 25 pounds heavier.

Some people fear this approach will allow them to waste away. Not true. Our body KNOWS the proper weight. It falls to that level and then stops. I’ve gone from a size 44 pants to a 40. Today I’m cinching the belt tighter. Next step will be new slacks. I’m waiting until I fall below size 38 – my belt is about 6 inches too long. My XL shirts hang on me. The L knit shirts are getting baggy as well. I am aiming to drop down to a medium. My wife has gone from size 12 to 4. She’s 65 this year and looks no older than 40. Plenty of energy. Sleeps well, works out at the club the same days I do.

Unless I’m hit by a bus or shot in the head, I will probably live past 100. I expect to be taking part in the shooting sports I enjoy well into my 90s. I’m actually thinking about doing a LOT of practice so I can enter some competitions. I think it would be a hoot to get a trophy or two in my 80s – having started when I was in my early 60s.

Drugs – all of them taken for more than just a short period – are poisons that our body works to get rid of. Dr. Jonathan Wright calls them ALIEN SUBSTANCES. In reality, they are.

The best is coming – and it starts right now.